Hosting new games or being part of it!

31 replies to this topic

Henryturu

Quarkclan's one and only truck driver!

• Senior Owner
  • 657 posts
  • Presence:Active
  • Favorite Game:Enemy Territory
Hi! While I was talking with my best friend I came to solution. Is it possible start to host new games? Black Ops 3 or DooM? ETS2 virtual transport company? I'm mostly excited about Quarkclan's own VTC . Posting all waybills etc. to here... Bigger guys! Listen to people's voice (Not The Rock's)!! We need new game! Suggest here!

Posted Image
"I'm like Stone Cold Steve Austin. We have a beer belly *WHAT!?* we drink beer *WHAT!?* drink more beer *WHAT!?* and more beer *WHAT!?* make couple stunners *WHAT!?* and drink more beer *WHAT!?* And that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!"

Posted Image

ich

Member w/ Quite a Few Posts

• Senior Supporter
  • 472 posts
i would love to see a new game
but first we need some admins who want to participate as far as i can see we don t even have someone who cares for ET server

i would love to see any type of progress in q
Proud Member of Quarkclan
Ex-Clan Leader / Administrator of EliteArmy
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Xfire : ich219
Mail : ich@quarkclan.tk

3RBY

U SHALL NOT PASS

• Ex-Member
  • 582 posts
  • Favorite Game:CoD MW3
Sic parvis magna
Greatness from small beginnings, you can host on any game with as little as 5 admins or even less, but he active, and recruit lots of people.
@ich they may have lost their interest in that game and it's time to move on to another one,EDIT:because of this new game they could gain interest and come

Posted Image

<3oc

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

• Inactive Member
  • 2,148 posts
  • Presence:Inactive
its kinda weird how that's always been an option but we don't see it happening.
Still support the idea!

/s

Ket04

OverRated*

• Ex-Member
  • 1,006 posts
Don't see that happening any time soon. This topic gonna be pushed aside and be forgotten like all other suggestions. I hope, for the peeps that are still trying, I'm wrong.

Posted Image

GhosT

Hitman Intructor

• Clan Leader
  • 489 posts
  • Favorite Game:All Games
  • Community Manager
Glad to see old faces and that everyone is doing well.
Obv, im never on this anymore due to being a sailor irl, but I would love quark to move forward with the times and see people all playing a shared game once again.

Hqphqp

guy from 2012

• Ex-Member
  • 569 posts
"Is it possible start to host new games?" Not so much host new games, but I kinda want to see quarkclan playing together you know lol
so like maybe we'd all play
-Paladins (can't afford overwatch)
-League of Legends (we need a similar region for it though)
-any free game on steam lol

LeMayhem

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
rip ET
rip Quark

been some good times

Basalisk

The One

• Ex-Member
  • 1,006 posts
Better times after you were banned though ;)

GhosT

Hitman Intructor

• Clan Leader
  • 489 posts
  • Community Manager
TF2 is free to play and has competitive and casual gaming modes with a good player base

ich

Member w/ Quite a Few Posts

• Senior Supporter
  • 472 posts
i think the game needs to be:

- a free game or a game you can easily crack
- a game that supports dedicated servers (so we can host it)
- not to high specifications
- active admin

View PostGhosT, on 19 November 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

TF2 is free to play and has competitive and casual gaming modes with a good player base

is a good idea

i personal waiting for dirty bomb dedicated servers
Proud Member of Quarkclan
Ex-Clan Leader / Administrator of EliteArmy
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Xfire : ich219
Mail : ich@quarkclan.tk

Henryturu

• Senior Owner
  • 657 posts

View Postich, on 19 November 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

i think the game needs to be:

- a free game or a game you can easily crack
- a game that supports dedicated servers (so we can host it)
- not to high specifications
- active admin

is a good idea

i personal waiting for dirty bomb dedicated servers
Like I said: To ETS2MP VTC. No server, just a group. Dialog about your transports etc. My support for that

Posted Image
"I'm like Stone Cold Steve Austin. We have a beer belly *WHAT!?* we drink beer *WHAT!?* drink more beer *WHAT!?* and more beer *WHAT!?* make couple stunners *WHAT!?* and drink more beer *WHAT!?* And that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!"

Posted Image

Jasper

Apple® Atheïst

• Co-Leader
  • 2,176 posts
So I wanted to set up a cod4 server, there's one problem though.
I have no idea how to set up B3 and xlr stats. I really need help for this.

I already tried it, but I couldn't get it to work. I already asked in the 400+ telegram group, but nobody replied.

I genuinely want to play this game, I genuinely want Q to survive...
Posted Image

Thanks to Castiel and Tarek for my Sigs! <3
"My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain." ~Charlie Chaplin

LeMayhem

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

View PostBasalisk, on 19 November 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Better times after you were banned though ;)

You still hate a guy over the internet after so long, impressive.
That's cute :*

xoxoxo
love you too

Basalisk

The One

• Ex-Member
  • 1,006 posts
No hate Mayhem, I did wink ;)

Lets get a room :24:

3RBY

U SHALL NOT PASS

• Ex-Member
  • 582 posts

View PostJasper, on 20 November 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

So I wanted to set up a cod4 server, there's one problem though.
I have no idea how to set up B3 and xlr stats. I really need help for this.

I already tried it, but I couldn't get it to work. I already asked in the 400+ telegram group, but nobody replied.

I genuinely want to play this game, I genuinely want Q to survive...
PM your problems,we have set B3 numerous times on our servers,i can help you set it up,or redirect you to someone who could

Posted Image

Sandels

Quarkie

• Clan Senior Admin
  • 1,815 posts
  • Community Manager
As much as I like the idea of "new games" in Q clan, the lack of activity makes me change my mind. I think that we should put effort to revive our Enemy Territory side of the clan again. When I look Trackbase's ranklist and skill top list, I can see that there is still very much players around ET. It is not died yet. Of course many comes to yab about "they play on rating servers" or "they play on other clan servers" or "they aren't interested in Q server because they visit other servers". Still they play somewhere.

I still have seen that Beginners server has visitors. And what could it be if our "active" part of the clan started to play in BG hours a day. Just like me and Wh_Te used to do when NoDownload server was almost empty all the time. It could turn to alive again with more and more stable visitors. It just needs admins and talking to visitors. It needs clans own people to fill the server first. Then it may attract visitors more and more. Result could be active server.

Who is willing to take care of the server anyways? Who knows how to manage ET server via rcon? Or if needed, via config? I don't have time to manage ET server. Are you @Henryturu interested in managing our BG server and put it to its old glory? Anybody else?

New games..... I still think Quark is ET clan as it has always been. Even there was other games, they all have got quiet. Now it's happening to ET too and I really don't want that to happen.

Henryturu

• Senior Owner
  • 657 posts

View PostSandels, on 13 December 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

As much as I like the idea of "new games" in Q clan, the lack of activity makes me change my mind. I think that we should put effort to revive our Enemy Territory side of the clan again. When I look Trackbase's ranklist and skill top list, I can see that there is still very much players around ET. It is not died yet. Of course many comes to yab about "they play on rating servers" or "they play on other clan servers" or "they aren't interested in Q server because they visit other servers". Still they play somewhere.

I still have seen that Beginners server has visitors. And what could it be if our "active" part of the clan started to play in BG hours a day. Just like me and Wh_Te used to do when NoDownload server was almost empty all the time. It could turn to alive again with more and more stable visitors. It just needs admins and talking to visitors. It needs clans own people to fill the server first. Then it may attract visitors more and more. Result could be active server.

Who is willing to take care of the server anyways? Who knows how to manage ET server via rcon? Or if needed, via config? I don't have time to manage ET server. Are you @Henryturu interested in managing our BG server and put it to its old glory? Anybody else?

New games..... I still think Quark is ET clan as it has always been. Even there was other games, they all have got quiet. Now it's happening to ET too and I really don't want that to happen.
Sure, but I can't do a shit... But there's been so much question that when MW3 servers are coming back. MW3 was popular and then it wasn't at our game list... Bring back our MW3 servers and we gets more ppl in here

Posted Image

Posted Image

FroZen

How rude!

• Ex-Member
  • 1,853 posts
I have two suggestions, but the only downside on those are that we can't have dedicated servers on them.

Warframe: https://warframe.com/game#keyart , https://warframe.com/game/quickstart

One of the biggest and most played F2P 3rd Person Shooter game with RPG elements, available trough Steam: http://store.steampo...0410/?l=english

As I said, no dedicated servers possible, but the clan system is top notch: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan

I'm MR22 player with 2600+ hours on the game, so if I would get enough people behind me(like, 10-20 as a start), I could make a clan and help new players progress, and ofc they could use the WF Wiki if I ain't got time to narrate/guide/help/all that good stuff

If you got any more to ask about the game(after checking the links), feel free to PM me.

Heroes of the Storm: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/

A F2P 5v5 player MOBA game with different Blizzard games heroes they have in their games, Available on Battle.net

Gametypes/modes/idea: http://us.battle.net...ame/game-modes/

again, no dedicated server possibilities, but being able to play the gamemodes the game has to offer on parties of 5 could be extremely fun. There's also a possibility to more competitive gaming as well for those who want it, trough Ranked play

I'm currently studying as a datanome (aka jack-of-all-trades in the IT business, kinda I guess :D ), so once I get the exact idea about servers, hosting, user privilidges in certain systems, little bit of coding and all that good other stuff, I could join back to Q and take some actions towards hosting new games or having active maintenance on the ET side of Quark, at least. But it takes time to study and know how to use that stuff properly. After I've finished my studies I could start help admins here, if people would still accept me back in hopes of being an active admin.

So, that's that.

Best regards

FroZen

Posted Image

About damn time Disney

Sandels

Quarkie

• Clan Senior Admin
  • 1,815 posts
  • Community Manager

View PostHenryturu, on 15 December 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Sure, but I can't do a shit...

Why you can't do a shit? Is it because you don't know how to do it or because you have no "rights"?

View PostHenryturu, on 15 December 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Bring back our MW3 servers and we gets more ppl in here

I don't even know/understand why MW3 servers closed anyways. But there's same situation as in ET. Who is willing to take care of the servers? We need active server manager(s), it doesn't work if nobody isn't going to manage. One server manager isn't enough at all because the day is 24 hours and if you want to keep servers open and steady all the time, you need server management almost 24/7 around. Let's say 3-4 ppl to manage servers.

View PostFroZen, on 15 December 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have two suggestions, but the only downside on those are that we can't have dedicated servers on them.

Warframe: https://warframe.com/game#keyart , https://warframe.com/game/quickstart

One of the biggest and most played F2P 3rd Person Shooter game with RPG elements, available trough Steam: http://store.steampo...0410/?l=english

As I said, no dedicated servers possible, but the clan system is top notch: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clan

I'm MR22 player with 2600+ hours on the game, so if I would get enough people behind me(like, 10-20 as a start), I could make a clan and help new players progress, and ofc they could use the WF Wiki if I ain't got time to narrate/guide/help/all that good stuff

If you got any more to ask about the game(after checking the links), feel free to PM me.

Heroes of the Storm: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/

A F2P 5v5 player MOBA game with different Blizzard games heroes they have in their games, Available on Battle.net

Gametypes/modes/idea: http://us.battle.net...ame/game-modes/

again, no dedicated server possibilities, but being able to play the gamemodes the game has to offer on parties of 5 could be extremely fun. There's also a possibility to more competitive gaming as well for those who want it, trough Ranked play

Good ideas for the games, but I'm afraid that people will just look, try and finish. We would need some systematic playing system too to keep peoples attraction to the game.

View PostFroZen, on 15 December 2016 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'm currently studying as a datanome (aka jack-of-all-trades in the IT business, kinda I guess :D ), so once I get the exact idea about servers, hosting, user privilidges in certain systems, little bit of coding and all that good other stuff, I could join back to Q and take some actions towards hosting new games or having active maintenance on the ET side of Quark, at least. But it takes time to study and know how to use that stuff properly. After I've finished my studies I could start help admins here, if people would still accept me back in hopes of being an active admin.

If you are willing to come back here and you have time/inspiration to manage server(s), we would be happy. Need to make sure that we have also some other ones who can manage ET server. I think our ET runs on Linux nowdays so if you can use/learn Linux, that would be good.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users